07-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #165
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I need to find something comfortable that I can wear while golfing. I can not stand wearing shades when I golf, I always find myself concentrating on the fact that I'm wearing sunglasses rather than hitting the ball.
Are you using sunglasses with a large lense that does not inhibit your view and peripheral vision? A small lense will certainly have that effect.
Have you tried the Oakley Radars or M-Frames yet? My Radars are the best sports glasses I own. Super wide lenses with no viewing issues. I own two pairs of Radars and two pairs of M-frames. Of all my sunglasses, my Radars are what I use on the golf course. They’ve also seen 200+ college baseball games, plus I use them when riding my road bike as well as any other outside sport (aside from fishing).
While I don’t own a ton of high end brands, I have quite a bit of experience with the mid level sunglasses.

My favorites:
Oakley Custom Radars- Best sports glasses. I wore them hitting against a 90+ mph fastball if that says anything
Oakley Team USA Radars- Same as above, but with a ‘Merican color scheme
Oakley Mag M-frames- Saw 300+ baseball games back in high school (8 years ago)
Ray-ban New wayfarers- Cheap and you can wear with a suit or with a swimsuit. The new style has a more modern lense angle. The RB2140s sit a bit more awkward.
Costa Del Mar Swordfishes- Best lenses of anything I've ever tried. Amazing fishing sunglasses, and amazing glasses overall.
Prada wire frames- Best overall build quality.
Gucci Wayfarers- A step above my Ray-bans
Ray-Ban Bubble Wrap Aviators- Great driving glasses
Ray-Ban Wire frame eye glasses

Average:
Ray-Ban RB4021P sport sunglasses- Very durable, but the lenses leave a lot to be desired
Ray-Ban Wayfarer eye glasses- Good, but everyone has them now
Oakley M-Frames- Had them for 10+ years. They’re good, but I like my Radars better

Worst purchases:
Oakley Ducati Gascans- cheaply made and everyone has them
Ray-Ban RB3478P- frame stem broke on me
Ray-Ban single lense aviators- douchey but were a gift from ex-gf
Halfjackets- lenses too small for sports
Carrera Single Lense aviators- the shittiest quality $100+ sunglasses I’ve ever owned. I thought they were fake at one point.
Appreciate 0