View Single Post
      12-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #66
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
lol... love some of the comments here. It was nice meeting Warren and seeing his car run. There was/is no question that his car is fast. As far as inspection goes, it wasn't going to happen at the track. The reason he was invited to the Taste Test day for an inspection, which we talked about, was so that we could get the car up on the lift and look at it from the bottom (with the splash shield off). On the ground, with the hood open, you can't see anything unless you start tearing apart the front end of car (bumper, wheel liner, etc,.) So no, I'm not going to retract anything until a proper inspection is done

So there you have it. Good fun day nontheless. We had a few problems with the 135. The wheels/drag radials I borrowed from my 335 wouldn't clear the fenders the 135. Ended up ripping two groves down the side of the tread and layering the wheel well with a layer burnt rubber (it was rub all the way up the track during acceleration). So we had to go back to the original rims/tires which coudn't support full throttle until 3rd gear. So we ended up doing some pump gas map testing which Dan piloted to repeatable 116.8mph trap speeds. So the day turned out we but didn't exactly accomplish what we hoped for (race gas map runs with drag radials). But it was good to meet Warren and shoot the breeze. I'm sure we'll do it again sometime now that the weather is so good for this kid of stuff.

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0