Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 328i 6MT, '16 F10 535i

Garage List
2016 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Hit A Pothole

Hey guys,
Friday evening I was heading back home and unfortunately hit a rather deep pothole going about 50KPH(30MPH). The front passengers side tire and I think rear tire are the ones that took the brunt of it. Drivers side front and back were not impacted. The sound it made was not pretty, but thankfully nothing else happened. I'm deeply annoyed with the city's roads this year around but it's hardly their fault. This winter has been brutal.

Either way, I stopped immediately in the neighboring parking lot and checked for any visible damage to the both passengers side tires but couldn't spot anything out of the ordinary. Granted it was dusk but I used the flashlight in my phone to check. The car looks normal. Yesterday, when I went on the highway though, I noticed a very slight vibration through the steering as well as the seats of the car.

I'm wondering if I've ended up bending a rim (or two) or (hopefully not) ended up damaging the suspension. Are there any tell tale signs of either? The car does not pull left or right and the steering remains perfectly straight on the highway at those speeds so I'm assuming the alignment is still fine. For what it's worth, the car looks perfectly normal and both the rims don't look bent from the outside. Perhaps the inside is bent?

I'll be taking the vehicle to my Indy mech tomorrow to have it checked out but is there anything in particular I should be looking for? Extremely disappointed with myself for not having spotted the pothole but nothing I can do now.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0