12-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #1639
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 17 OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino3686 View Post
check engine light turn on today driving to southlake this morning. the engine bog down.... Pulled over and the car was shaking like if it was misfiring. Turn it off and turn it on right away; the light turned off and the car stoped shaking. Ran fine until I hit the gas again to pass another car. WHAT COULD THIS BE? It's been happening alot lately..... I took it in to Autozone to get the service engine light tested and it said "cylinder 6 misfiring"... sparkplug? Coil? ENGINE??? I don't have bmw warranty anymore. and I've never done the sparkplug nor the coil change since I've bought the car. BTW it has 112,000 miles (i drive alot for work)

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT AND POINT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION?
sounds like the Fuel pump. That is under warranty until 110k miles, so you are just past. You need to get your own BT tool, to read codes. Either way @ 112k miles, you need to take it to an indy shop (unless you want to replace the fuel pump yourself...not too big of a job I hear. they run @ $400). I use Autoscope..but any good indy shop would do. If not the fule pump, probably the coil. When did you change the plugs last?
Appreciate 0