11-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
~0.8-1" from ZSP.

For weight I have 3381lbs with 0.56/0.44 dist, so a slightly higher value than your 328.

Where are you finding the spring info? I remember digging around in ETK for spring tables with no real luck, only part numbers.

I understand your position on shocks, thanks for providing feedback. I think I got myself a bit confused, as I believe the b6 bilsteins are called 'HD' in the US market and 'Sport' in the Euro market. Likewise b8 are 'sport' in US and 'sprint' elsewhere.

I'm curious as to why you had your front shocks revalved? Do you think there may be a potential benefit to having a slightly softer front to rear? Finally, why race springs in the rear? Surely there's a near-equally good match with the proper height? Thanks again. (might be good to move this back to your thread)
I had the Bilstein struts revalved to Bilstein's M3 HD valving, to match the rear. I'm using off-the-shelf M3 shocks in the rear. You could probably get away without revalving, though.

I'm drawing OE spring info from a lot of different sources. I don't know the exact rates but I have data points, and I extrapolate. Vorshlag measured some E90 springs on their spring tester so we have exact numbers for those. Based on the data I have, performance springs for your car would be about 150-160#.

I think though, for the drop you want, it's better to start looking at short body shocks i.e. coilover kits. 1" below ZSP is 13" in front, that's really low, and you just won't have the suspension travel with normal height shocks.

Race springs in rear: I need to choose the exact springrate and ride height. You can't have uncertainty in both front and rear ride height, it won't match. Same for spring frequencies.
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.
Appreciate 0