rorkor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [10.00]
2011 E90 328i  [10.00]
The one from Shelly is way overpriced at 32k with that many miles. I am a road warrior myself and 53k miles in 3 years on a 335i is pretty rough and only 20k miles from typical preventative maintenance or failure repair costs.

The century west one is nice and less miles but you may run out of time on the facotry warranty before you get the miles and then the CPO kicks in. I don't know that dealer so I don't know how well you can negotiate a deal with them. I don't care for how red the wood looks, maybe it's just the lighting.

The one at Sterling is very nice, I would go for that one but negotiate the price down a little bit. I have dealt with some of their staff in the past, they are reasonable. It looks the cleanest to me, but that may just be a better photographer.

The AutoTrader listing one is priced well and I am a big fan of the red leather, but prefer it with an Alpine White body. It is curious to me that the other Century west car is only 2k miles less on the clock but 5k dollars more. If they want that much of a premium for the M sport, negotiate this one to 29,850.00 and go buy the body kit for $2k. Other than the bumpers, steering wheel and shifter, there is no difference from the sport package. All those things can be changed easily.

They are probably lease returns and may have been abused a bit by the original owner but should be relatively ok. BMW can see how roughly the engine was operated and usually does not CPO the ones that are ridden hard and put away wet.

I am going to be buying a CPO X5 xdrive35d in the near future and I have been researching on the same thoughts you are having. I personally want at least 10k miles and 1 year left on the factory warranty to really shake down the car. I have never dealt with a CPO warranty but the one I am looking at will cover an additional 2 years or 50k miles, which gives me a few years of piece of mind.

Last edited by rorkor; 02-18-2013 at 01:30 AM..
Appreciate 0