07-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
It's really strange that your E90 doesn't have adaptive Xenons.. I thought it was either halogen, standard on a 328, or the xenon package, which is the adaptive setup that is standard on the 335.

Do you have a small sensor connected to the front left suspension? Or just the load level sensor attached to the rear suspension?

Does the outside of the projector housing say "BMW DYNAMIC XENON" ?
I haven't checked for the front suspension sensor, but the lights say "BMW Xenon". They are definitely bi-xenons (the halogen is DRL and flash-to-pass only). The option sheet from that Russian site says that it has bi-xenons and does not list the adaptive option.

Take a look at my RealOEM page

It says the options are:
  • Valeo halogens
  • ZKW Bi-Xenons
  • ZKW AHL bi-xenons

The thing I find weird is that RealOEM says my driver's side PN is 63-11-7-161-665, but the light is a ZKW and shows 63-11-6-942-735 which RealOEM has never heard of on any car. The only google hit for that part number is Hella cross reference to a Xenon, non-AHL light. *shrug*

At any rate, I may price out the bouncy light TSB parts, but I suspect there will be enough body differences between the coupe/cab and sedan that it will be a total waste of money. This is enough of an issue I may try to rig something up, but it won't be sexy.

Has anyone taken the bumper off of their E90 and found anything other than the supportless setup I've found on mine?
Appreciate 0