11-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #74
Jose_JN
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: e93 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by veekz View Post
Thanks for all the info Jose! Confirming this works on a 1/2007 build e90 with Logic 7.

Got the radio from seller carsequipment on ebay. Awesome guy btw, really helpful and packaging was excellent. Confirmed that the mic he sends is not the correct one to install in the FZD, it's a VW part so it does not snap into the correct place.

When purchasing from him, make sure you verify the type of radio you need as he has different professional radios. Because I have logic 7, I needed the optical connectors to power my speakers/amp.

My car has $640, but no BT, BMW Assist so no ULF, TCU. Just a default AUX port. Following the guide posted swapped radios, added $6nn; $6FL +KMP3 and +IPOD. I pulled the original .trc from the URAD before blowing everything away. Plugged in radio and it powered on fine, had all options but no sound. I pulled the current .trc and ran a compare and changed the lines one by one until I finally got sound. I changed each setting one by one to see what would happen. The asterisk marked settings is what finally gave me sound. If anyone is interested I have the working file VS the original, but in short I changed the following.. some are region dependent:

Original 2009+ settings
------------------------------------------------------------------------
COUNTRYCODE_RADIO_2
ece
VOLUME_STEPS_RADD22
r55
r60
RING_STATUS_20
nicht_aktiv
AUDIO_SYSTEM_RAD22
stereo
SPRACHE_SVS
deutsch
DAB_BAND_RAD
beide

Current Settings install in 2007
-----------------------------------
CODIERUNG_ERFOLGT
codierung_erfolgt
COUNTRYCODE_RADIO_2
us
VOLUME_STEPS_RAD22
e81
e90
e92
e93
r58
r59
RING_STATUS_20 * Sound came out after enabling this
aktiv
AUDIO_SYSTEM_RAD22
top_hifi = this variable is system dependent
SPRACHE_SVS
us
DAB_BAND_RAD
kein_band

Confirmed USB works with a USB stick, played music, adjusted volume from steering wheel, etc. Ordering mic from tischer and waiting to see. I think i need to get behind the dash and find the mic wire from the FZD and run it to the deck? As because I have $640 this is done already? Trying to find docs on this, can you shed any light on this Jose?
Hi!

Nice to heard that!

If you have $640 option, you already have a wire from the FZD to the trunk. But you need a wire between the FZD and the HU so you have to install a new one (maybe you can try to find it near the feet area and cut it trying to reuse it)

Check this http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1124553149

Anyway, you need the mic.

Regards.

PS: I have paypal, donatives are welcome!
I am preparing other retrofits for the next month!