View Single Post
      03-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Telly Addict
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels!

Looked at a 535d yesterday...

I hadn't resolved in my head that I definitely wanted a '3' and not a '5' so when an opportunity arose to have a good look at a 535d yesterday just outside Coventry, I took it.

It was a 2009 M Sport in metallic grey with 32k and up for a snip under £18k...quite cheap I thought. For a reason it seemed - it was really tatty, to the point I'd question the mileage as genuine - it was more like a 100k+ car! Little dings and marks all over and the steering wheel seemed quite worn. Certainly not 'mint' as the garage owner tried to claim. Oh and the front discs were very worn as well with one of them massively scored, evidence of a hard life...?

Anyway, I got a chance to test drive it. Now I get it. Instant response and a bucket load of torque, but I don't think I'd be happy with the big '5'...I need something a bit sportier - although it handled ok (I didn't get a chance to really throw it around) I'd prefer a slightly more focused experience, which I think the 335 will deliver. Now I just need to test drive a 335 i back-to-back with a d...

Edit - I should say, I only want to test drive the i so I can scratch the itch - I really want a 335d

Last edited by Telly Addict; 03-18-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0