10-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsone90 View Post
I would LOVE to hear how an aluminum tubing with a cone type filter with NO HEATSHIELD at all is going to provide an increase in power compared to the OEM intake that is not restricted at all, is completely sealed and does not heatsoak. If this intake gives 12whp then a completely sealed system will give 20WHP! Be real. This intake is getting all the heat from the engine bay and I can be sure a direct comparison between this filter and the OEM will yield very close if not the same airflow.

Maybe your aggresiveness and defensive behavior is due to the simple fact that you do not have an answer for this. Just answer my question as to the reason why this intake increases power to as high as you claim instead of going around and try to ignore my comment.
Anyway, there are dynos showing the gains from this intake on this site, you just have to for it.

I dont think you understand how a turbocharged engine works, i dont want to sit here and educate you about it... But the arguement is over before it could be started, a dyno with the stock airbox compared to an airbox with an ITG drop in filter yeilded 4whp on a dyno with the ITG... This intake got roughly 13whp on a dyno over a stock car so there is some gain, you do not lose power if you gained hp on a dyno right? Ok keep following, In a sealed system you said it yourself, its sealed so its not going to draw in as much air as an open conical air filter will, i would guess thats where the power is coming from... Now show me a dyno from another company that makes a sealed intake for our cars that gains 20whp please...
Appreciate 0