Bumps
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliH View Post
All I can say is OH MY GOD!!! This car is amazing, no over/understeer to speak of, and a great engine that loves to be redlined. Am now re-thinking my next car after the S3 - buy the wife a sensible estate, and Ill have a little 197 toy.

If you havent driven one, go and drive one - It is astonishing how well it drives, probably the best hot hatch Ive ever driven - This should be a good week.....

Oh and the interior plastics aren't as bad as you think
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliH View Post
This one has the standard suspension. Only driven a standard cooper in the latest shape, driven plenty of the previous one though. I'd have the clio over it anytime, apart from the fantastic drive, there is more space in the clio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBurt View Post
I can echo Oli's sentiments, as I bought my wife a 197 (F1 R27) to replace her 120d - nobody needs two diesels in a household!

It's a fantastic toy, really well screwed together and handles like nothing else.
More food for thought. BMW price premium, if it hasn't already, will start to look increasingly unjustified IMHO, particularly as their quality appears to be heading south....

Oli, more on the Clio please this week, I'm interested to see what you think after a while, particularly with regard to the short gearing on the motorway. You're not alone in loving it, EVO felt the same about their longtermer (run by someone who owns a Zonda).
Appreciate 0