11-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
LOL! i've kinda had a soft spot for hks mufflers actually on rsxs (shh) but you did have a muffler delete right? howd you like it? i'm considering doing a custom quad, but can't decide if i want to do a muffler delete or use a universal muffler. do you happen to know if our cars will pass smog if i do a secondary cat delete?
Haha as do I I find that it comes out nicely being as the e90 has a curved body
I did have a muffler delete but it didn't exactly put the note I was looking for. I did like it though, it was my first "performance" mod. A muffler tends to have a nicer tone than a delete because it doesn't drone as bad but it is a lot cheaper to do a delete than buying a muffler. If I was going back towards the oem looking route, id get a cherry bomb muffler (cheaper than magnaflow by far and sounds just as good) with the quads or perhaps large tips on a 328i like frankiE90 (I believe that's his name)
I have a res and 2ndary cat delete and it definitely doesn't pass smog lol plus if you go towards a muffler delete, res delete and cat delete, expect A LOT of hate from cops and neighbors. Cold starts with my car vibrate the entire house and I can't drive by a cop quietly anymore and I have an actual muffler. With the muffler delete, you have no way out. Its major drone 80-100% of the time. When going to a muffler shop to get the 2ndary cat delete, ask for them to cut and weld the cats and ask them to make "test pipes" in place so whenever you wanna switch off, you can do it easily. It'll cost more to turn your system into a bolted system vs. 1 piece weld but definitely worth it if you get a state ref or fix-it ticket. Make sure you DON'T give the shop the cats or any pieces. That way when smog time comes, you can save money and just bolt the cats back on yourself
I have too much knowledge about this and ill help you from my mistakes, just give me a pm and ill shoot you my number if you need it too
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0