03-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #116
Mastermixlee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Received

I have received the RHD version of this and test fitment was fine :-D

Just having to modify a usb otg power cable at the moment. Found a relatively easy way of doing this for anyone else having the same difficulty.
Simply heat up the micro usb connection (on the cable you purchase) with a hair dryer or a heat gun on a lower heat setting. Wait for the plastic moulding around the connector to become a bit flexible then simply bend the cable round the direction required which then lets you have enough clearance to line up the nexus correctly :-)

Second option is to use a stanley knife or craft knife (think these are called x-acto blades/knives in the U.S.?) and cut away the shrouding to achieve the same effect.

Obviously both methods above risk damagin the connections in the connector but if you're careful then you should be fine.

Got some plastidip on order and have received my usb DAC and usb hub today so really looking forward to having this all setup.

I actually run a pioneer avh8400bt headunit in place of my oem stereo linked up to some amplifiers in the boot powering all my speakers. Whilst I could run the RCA cables direct from the DAC back to the amps and get rid of the pioneer altogether, I will be keeping it in place as I will find it easier to use the graphic eq, subwoofer levels etc using the pioneer and also means I can keep the bluetooth handsfree setup working through the pioneer unit.

I will also be plugging my usb cable from my JB4 into the hub connecting to the nexus aswell as an obd usb interface for the CARLY coding app.

Which will mean I will be able to display all speedo, mpg, etc and adjust jb4 settings through the tablet... resulting in a system that I believe to be far superior to any of the Idrive setups.

I also run a z-wave based home automation setup at home so will also be setting things up in tasker based upon my home arrival for garage doors, driveway lights, etc.

Brilliant work on the mount and very happy with the purchase

I do have one question though as I can't seem to find it in this thread :-S
How have you mounted it using magnets? and what magnets are you using?

Once I have mine all setup I will post pictures up and any tips for us RHD guys for cable routing etc.
Appreciate 1