12-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #29
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukey View Post
I'm not claiming to know the current state of the market, but from numerous posts about DINAN's relationship with BMW on the outs, and the amount of new tuners developing products specifically for E9Xs, I would think DINAN needs to reconsider less consumers at higher prices is still going to work.

DINAN has to adapt the market in order to stay alive. DINAN was able to keep high prices previously because there weren't as many tuners focusing on BMW. Look at all the companies and tuners out there as a direct result of the E9X 335 series. DINAN has to do something different to gain market share back. In my opinion, if DINAN continues down their current path, they can expect market share to continue to decrease until it disappears. Furthermore, why would BMW want to continue servicing DINAN parts when DINAN mods are becoming less and less used.

Just some of my opinions.
I think it's a big mistake to assume this forum makes up the overall market.

Dinan has never catered to the lower cost forum crowd, they go after the premium market. For better or worse, what they are doing now is no different than what they've always done. If they offer this reflash at say $1499 with a warranty, they are going to be the new gold standard for 335i tuning. Especially if they know what they are doing with the tune.

Sure all of us on the forum will gripe and complain (and hopefully all buy JB2s instead), but at that price with decent performance gains they will outsell all of us piggyback tuners combined.
Appreciate 0