View Single Post
      09-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #35
Dr_Jeff21
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

So I got the the TVinMotion from EAS. Don't get me wrong, the product is incredible. I love that you can do split screen with a nav map on one side and the movie on the other. Very cool...

...but I warn fellow do-it-yourselfers that the installation is not as easy as some of the other posts claim. I've never taken apart my dash before, so was understandable extremely careful and probably overly gentle along the way. The diagrams and especially the pics in this thread were really helpful, but my main complaint is that the wire connectors (the clear/red ones) they give you are crap. Be prepared to use your own... if any tension is applied to the wire, it slips out, and there's no way to tighten it. I took the console in and out about 5 times before I finally just got some other wire connectors.

Once you finally get everything hooked up and get it to stay that way, the thing works well.

Tom, is there a way to turn it off?? ...or is it already not visible to the factory diagnostics when its turned on? otherwise, there'd be no reason to ever turn it off. I don't want to get in trouble with the warranty people...

I'll try to post some pics...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0