View Single Post
      10-23-2008, 03:50 AM   #3
luisalbertoga
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 330d

Hi Scott!!

We would be arriving around February or March. First I have to do some training in Spain, so we have some time to prepare for the change

I will take a good look at the Wiki about the taxes, that is more or less what I have been reading up to now... As far as I understand, there is a state tax, and then a city tax, right? It is going to be really hard to find out that information... I have spoke with some guy who is right now working in Denver with this company (I preffer not to say the name of the company at this time... because I will be signing the contract in a few days, and Internet is much more smaller than we think!!), but his situation is different. He is contracted by the Spanish company, and I will be by the US company, so conditions, and taxes differ.

More or less, adding $1,000 to MSRP should be more or less very close to the final price of the car, plus insurance... of course
That is very good news!!! Cars are cheaper there than here!! (my actual 330d with 9,000 Euros in extras, cost me around 50,000Euros, which was around $67,000 at the time!!!)

Here the used car, if you buy it in a second had store also has taxes, but if you buy it to a person, it doesn't have any taxes, it's all included in the price. If the seller says $15,000, you pay $15,000 and then you apply for the insurance...

I will miss Spain... but I will be traveling every 3 months back to Spain for corporate "education" (hehehehe), so I won't miss it too much

Besides, I've been in Chicago working for the last year, and I enjoyed it very much!! Now I have Aspen, rocky mountains, Las Vegas, the West Coast... not that far away... I am sure I will enjoy it.

I only hope that my wife will enjoy it as much. She doesn't speak English fluently, and doesn't have a job... so she will be at home, english school or shopping most of the time... so I hope that she can make friends soon (and not only other Spanish wives from my office!).

Do you live in Denver?

Where do you work?

XXXX is a big Spanish company, that has some branches, and one of them is specialized in Renewal Energies. It has created a US company, XXXX Inc, and that is the company that is about to hire me.

I will be working in Business Development in the mid-west. Talking to the utilities, contractors, city public personnel in charge of utilities and development, preparing RFI, RFQ, Offers... etc.

And I guess that I will be traveling quite a bit around the US...

Regards!!
Appreciate 0