View Single Post
      04-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #35
JerezblackM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog34uz View Post
So I installed the JB4 on Saturday Afternoon. It took about 2 1/2 hours to install. The install was pretty easy. It should not have taken that long but I just wanted to make sure everything was done correctly and putting the cover back on the Ecu was a Pain. Once we got the cover back on it was easy after that.

Guage Hijacking-
Awesome Feature- It looks cool and makes it easy to see what you are doing. Once you learn the commands "On the Fly" Map switching is easy.

Stealth Guages-
Another great feature that gets a thumbs up from me. The guages activate only when you have the pedal down to 80%.

Code Reading-
This Feature is good but when I read the codes i have know idea what i am looking at when the hazards flash and everything on my dash jumps around. If anyone can help me out with this that would be greatly appreciated.

On to the good part-
Previous Tunes: Oetune and JB+

Oetune- Great Tune but there really is not much Flexibility to do anything with this tune.

JB+- Good and easy tune but gets boring after awhile. You don't feel the kick anymore.

Same day after the install took the car out on the Parkway and half throttle the car and it felt good.

Sunday I took my friend to Pentagon City mall because he was meeting someone to sell his iphone4. When we got on highway I went 1/2 throttle first and I can feel the car stronger than the night before. So I tried WOT Man it was so smooth it did not realise that I was at 120 already in such a short time and distance. I know there is an adaptive period, but I can't wait.

I did notice that Map 1 pulled harder than map 2. Map 1 seemed to give me more torque in the lower rpm range and Map 2 in the higher range. Can anyone chime in on this one?

My baseline for my car was 262whp at 278lbs of torque.
JB+ - 303whp and 275lbs (kick down activated) during dyno run so it may not be that accurate.
JB4 - Dyno sheets coming soon Hopefully good numbers!

More Coming Soon Meth might be next!
hello, i am new here. here are my cars.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517645

i have just installed jb4 on a friends 335 convertible. and all i can say is wow. the car really pushes you hard in the seat. so far the car has only seen map1. it also has the afe dual cone intake with scoops. those are a must. i also have the afe dual cone with scoops on my alpina b3 biturbo,which also has the active autowerke catless downpipes. i will try map 2 and see what happens when i race the alpina
the steering control is great. the valet mode is pretty rough though, i tried slamming the peddle and the gear snaps hard as it cuts off on 4500 rpm. either way, great upgrade for every 335 out there.
soon to come for 335: active autowerke catless downpipes, active autowerke blow off valve. bms intercooler or active autowerke intercooler.

Jack.
Appreciate 0