View Single Post
      05-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #14
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

+1 agree with you sharkbait.

In the comparison of the two you showed OP. You came out ahead. The Dinan system is not all show but rather much better then the other setup. The AFI DCI will have lots of heat soak. I would just save my money and stick to stock air box that came with car or find a pure Cold air intake like Dinan.

Some people have tested these on DYNO and only thing that is better then the stock is a proper cold air intake setup like the Dinan one. There are other companies that also make them.

To OP, I myself know a BMW master tech who takes care of my car. I wonder if it is the same guy. Anyways enjoy your E92 335i.......I love mine even though I have had it for 4 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
More like the AFI DCI is The Gap! Two totally different leagues. One is carbon fiber, looks amazing and actually draws in cold outside air but costs a small fortune. The other doesn't look so hot and sucks in hot engine air but is cheap.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0