BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
For future reference:

I have NW on all my cars. On my BMW, I chose the 'Replace with ONLY OEM BMW parts' option. This ensures that no matter what parts are needed for your car - they will be replaced by only oem parts - no aftermarket. The added cost for this option was like $15 every 6 months.

Also, with NW - you can choose an entirely different deductible for glass breakage than any of your other deductibles. Choices are $0/$25/$50/$100, etc.

I chose the $25 ded option for my glass (have $250 ded on all others).

I had my ws replaced under insurance (vandalism) - NW rep looked at the car & the estimate I had from local dealer - covered entire claim with no questions asked (minus the $25 of course).

I don't recall the exact cost, but I can tell you it wasn't any $1250

Windshield - $383.13
Reveal Mldg - $33.72
Rain Sensor - $189.60
Install Kit - $25
3.5hr labor

around $1016 Total
Thanks for the info. I called NW this morning and the reason why I never had that OEM endorsement in the first place was because that endorsement is not allowed in Virginia.

I went ahead and will have the window replaced by Safelite tomorrow morning and pay the $500 deductible and NW will pay the rest ($256).

BTW, I already quoted how much my policy will increase by if I reduce the comprehensive deductible from $500 to $0 and it will only increase $47 for 6 months!!!! I think it's a bargain, considering any future window/body damage will cost me $0 to have it repaired.
Appreciate 0