11-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #129
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by acthad View Post
Bought 3 more quarts from the dealer @$30/qt OUCH. Did not want to mail order then have to pay return shipping, so it is about the same in my case.

Anyways, I was still low, the car was not tilted up in the rear but down compared with the front. So I warmed up the trans again, then I re-leveled the car perfectly with a jack and checked with a good level.

I got in another 1.3 qts, so in all after the drain and flush, it took me ~7.3 qts to do the job. So now I am paranoid I was driving it around too long ~1.3 qts low.

But like others quoting exmaxima1 in this thread

1. The 2-3 shift in Normal mode is MUCH smoother
2. The 1-2 shift in Sport mode is firm but "civilized"
3. The higher gear lockups seems firmer and better connected---less slipping.
4. The Sport mode downshifts are much better as well. It doesn't feel like it's trying to throw me thru the windshield when coming to a stop.
5. Full throttle gear changes in both modes seem solid and tight.

Thanks guys for your help!

Now to return as much stuff I bought for this service that I did not use back to the dealer/stores!
Glad it worked out! Keep us posted!
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0