08-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #20
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
The light you are referring to is the H7 cornering bulb on the LCI's. You need what is in that link. It's a bulb replacement
I have replaced my cornering bulbs (E90 LCI), and they are most definitely H3's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
You have got to be kidding I thought LCI e90s were accessed through the hood too
Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
Nope, sorry... I thought that too before.
Nope! It is done through the hood! If you look at the top of your xenon headlights, you'll see a rubber seal that is installed on top of them. Simply pull up the seal (it comes off very easily) and you now have access to a compartment with three screws. Simply unscrew and replace.

http://www.highperformancebulbs.com/nost2cowhh3t.html <-- I have these in my cornering lights, and they're pretty much perfect. The color is a pure, pure white (tint vs. colored glass makes a huge difference!) and I've had no issues with the extra draw from the bulb. Given that they're only on for (at max) 30 seconds at a time, it's nothing to worry about. I've kept tabs on my car, and it's taken very well to the bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
To change your bulbs for your angel eyes, you can only access it through the wheel well. You have to take both wheels off to gain access and remove the entire wheel well cover (kinda complicated) so I just took it to my mechanic and he did it for $40. Saved me a couple hours of confusion. It's not fair because if you have an E92, then you can change the bulb through the hood in a matter of minutes.

I'm still unclear on how to change the H3 bulbs though... Can someone explain?
Also, on the E90 LCI, you can change the bulbs by opening the hood. You don't have to take the wheel wells off. Follow the PDF instructions on the LuxAngelEyes.com website for the E90 LCI, and it explains very well how it is done. It takes a little time and patience, but it's not that big of a PITA.

Last edited by rollinstone157; 08-12-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0