View Single Post
      11-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

None at all, but I haven't been launching hard either. The only real worry we have is the transfer case, and there is some debate on whether that's really even an issue (still don't want to be the one to run the experiment trying to break it). The Xis out there with upgraded twins or running FBO and e85 would likely hit the same issues as their power would be close to what the single does, and I haven't seen many documented transfer case issues from those folks. Maybe they are failing and replacing quietly, but we tend to be pretty vocal when our toys break due to what we see as manufacturer shortcomings.

fitment for MT was the same for xi as i and only transmission issue for AT is handling the torque/power levels, hence the ST ATs going with the 58mm turbo instead of the 62 or 64mm
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth - 2014 e63s wagon | W3 Weistec tune/turbo upgrade
Appreciate 0