View Single Post
      06-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #27
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Im not using an oil additive im using their fuel system cleaner..BMW recommends every 5K miles, their own which is nothing more than BMW branded techron at 2x price of regular techron..more rapeage..U did know this right?

I will concede ur point yes they do sell oil..but have nothing vested and are objective unlike BMW.

I think we've heard both arguments and its up to each individual to decide whats right for them

Every 15k as BMW says...or every 5K-7.5K as i and other non-BMW technicals suggest in the end its up to each individual..

And I would hardly call the VP of technical development an "uniformed person"..

If you are trying to live up to your mission statement than please give people the respect they deserve.
Anybody can hang up a shingle and call themselves the "VP of the universe."

We know that amSOIL is not on the BMW approved list, yet the VP of amSOIL "recommends" it and infers that it meets BMW specs when we know that amSOIL doesn't know what the testing procedures are.

Should I respect him?

I'm the VP of testing at a major oil company. I'm telling you that we are losing money on every gallon of gas we sell. Do I deserve respect?

The BG guy knows nothing about BMW LL-01 oil, so he doesn't deserve any "respect."
Appreciate 0