View Single Post
      09-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #20
polyfiller
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 330d Pile of poo

Not sure whether or not it's turbo lag or something else. Can confirm that the EGR valve is erroneously (from a performance POV) being opened under hard acceleration. If you detach the EGR, pickup below 2.5 k is a little better, suggesting exhasut gasses being allowed in under hard accel.... probably to do with restricting emissions. I hope the bunny rabbits are banned grateful.

other stragne things also happen ... if you give the accelarator a real prod below 2.5k in, say, second gear, the car lurches forward as though to say ... "yay I can do this" ... the holds itself back is if someone has reminded it ... "no you can't ... if you do you'll wear out the gearbox / clutch / propo shaft quicker than your daddy (BMW) are prepared to replace under warranty if someone really tries to drive you like the ultimate driving machine".

Have also noticed that the E92's performance varies more in relation to air temp... i.e. when it's warm it's much much worse, and when it's cold it brightens up a little.
Appreciate 0