05-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
If anyone drives that agressively to be above a meth trigger of 7-8PSI frequently, good luck keeping your driving license. I just reduced my tank size from 4qt to 3qt and I will still have a hard time using the meth before it degrades. I also bought a nice siphon pump so I can pump it out of the meth tank in the trunk and back into a sealed container when I am not driving the car frequently.

1 gallon of methanol for me is about $4.85, you have 4qts listed as $10.20. That is a rip off!

If you read other forums, there are plenty of people that believe meth injection will only add a couple of octane points not 7-15. Of course there are meth injection retailers that will tell you 8-20 points. The cooling is the biggest benefit, if it is 85f outside and I can have IAT's at 82f WOT, when I used to hit 160f with the stock intercooler it's a huge difference.

You should also consider the water portion of the methanol mix in your cost calculation. At 75/25 a gallon of meth mix would be $3.63 cents for the meth and maybe another 45 cents for a quart of distilled water for a total of $4.08 cents for 4qts of meth mix.

I can do multiple 3rd gear pulls and see my 3qt meth tank move less than 1 inch down. 99% of driving is spent below my meth trigger level which is between 7-8 PSI.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html

One thing for certain is meth/water is of extreme benefit on the n54. I'm glad I did it!
+1

I'd like to know, if possible, with say 94 pump and a 50/50 meth/water mix what octane level is the engine seeing? Can this be calculated in any way given direct injection pump pressure and meth/water pump pressure/volume.
Appreciate 0