09-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
StealthFish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FR F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Here's the ST vs LT throttle tables. ST on the left LT on the right. As Jeff@TGS has already said it's not a 1/1 ratio but a linear increase.

Currently Cobb doesn't offer on the fly map switching, but i think they're working on it.

Subarus ECU works a lot differently than the MSD80/81 ECU(DME). IIRC(it's been 2+ years since i've messed with a Subie) it references battery voltage to determine IPW/DC/Injector dwell so that's probably why there's a need for a "low battery" base map. But i'm no subaru expert so that could definitely be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchuckz View Post
Taken from Cobbtuning.com

The factory stock throttle mapping is non-linear and tends to be much more aggressive in the initial range of throttle pedal. This throttle mapping gives drivers that “kick in the pants” feel of power ramping up very quickly.

The COBB Tuning linear throttle mapping keeps throttle profile linear across the entire range of the throttle pedal. Linear throttle is more appropriate for driving on a race track or for drivers that prefer a very predictable and consistent throttle pedal throughout the entire range.
Thanks everyone. All of this was a learning experience. I will actually probably stick with the stock throttle, according to my driving preference but will also try the linear throttle for a week and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0