View Single Post
      03-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #125
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
As much as I don't like HRT and KAR being one of the slowest team/driver on the grid. I personally do not think he is responsible for both collisions.
Of course no investigation for the BUT-KAR collision, but VET-KAR collision where KAR had received a post-race drive-thru penalty, 20 seconds added to his total race time.
But looking at the footage, even though KAR was being lapped. He did move out of the way and got caught on the exit of the turn, then VET moved back to racing line a bit sooner and clipped HRT's front wing and slice his left rear.
If I have to blame, I'd put the responsibility to VET instead, where he moved in front of KAR too early when he's not even clear.

Quote:
Narain Karthikeyan has been penalised for his collision with Sebastian Vettel at the Malaysian Grand Prix, dropping him to last of the classified drivers.

Karthikeyan and Vettel made contact on lap 48 as the Red Bull lapped the HRT, shredding the left rear tyre on Vettel's car and forcing him to make an unplanned pit stop.

The reigning champion dropped out of the points as a result and blamed Karthikeyan for the incident, saying: "As in real life, there are a few cucumbers on the road."

The FIA handed Kathikeyan a post-race drive-through penalty, which added 20 seconds to his race time and dropped him behind team-mate Pedro de la Rosa in the classification.
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/74343.html