10-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #50
JetBlackE46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyguy View Post
BMS would be stupid to answer a public forum as such regardless of fact and evidence its an no win debate. The design is straight forward and different is it from the screw in deisgn they originally had? Im not taking sides but how much alteration from the BMS screw in or other setups out there did you have to do to have the press in design? Again not taking sides but if the clutch stops are good from the 80's to the current ones where did the actual design originate? These are things that will come up if there is any form of law suit or questioning.

If it was publicly made and not patented then its anyone who has the time and money to make it their own. I had this happen to me on a different platform but same concept, I saw a need, saw a solution, adapted it to the car I had and started to make them for members. 6 months later the same company that makes the same device for other cars that emailed me the car I was driving had too small of a market to make them sent me a cease and decist letter that I was infringing on their patent on that very vehicle. I was allowed to sell the rest of the ones I hand built and stopped to avoid other actions. The reason I was able to sell out is becuase I had the digital media for that design out first so I could prove without doubt I was first on the scene for that platform.

Again not taking sides, but this happens all the time it shouldnt be any surprise at all. Think fruit of the loom and hanes. Take it out of what we personally see and take a look at those two companies. Same thing, always chasing a design and trying to one up it to sell. Pepsi and Coke (diet, cherry, vanilla, zero, clear) they all do it. Dont take it personally but its just business good or bad.

BMS should not add anything to this thread as all it will do is feed the fire and the trolls. You can look up threads of how great they are at the same time find many of them. Its a company out there to make money. Just happens its within our interests.
The screw design was not by BMS, it was another vendor. I forget which one. But it was completely different and it needed a clip to install.

My design is plug and play like the oem design.

I don't have a patent so no real legal action can be taken at the moment and I accept that.

I'm just letting the community know of their unethical behavior. I'm sure many have had positive dealings with them and that's great.

I'm only stating facts so that the my fellow BMW enthusiasts are aware. I'm just a regular dude like you guys that love's BMWs and wanted to make something neat. It's just a spare time hobby.

If someone improves on the idea then great. Go for it.

But don't copy my design and steal my pictures and call it your own. Just because something is not illegal (no patent) doesn't mean it's right.
Appreciate 0