ThreePedAlways
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevx View Post
35k miles, CPO, premium, sport, cold, logic7, comfort access. Sapphire metallic with chestnut interior. Listed at $34,000.

Manual transmissions are obviously very hard to come by. Thoughts on target price? $32,000 seems to be what the dealer is drawing the line. Thanks in advance.
Manuals are indeed hard to come by...but try as hard as you can to get a good price. It's harder than it sounds when you like the car I would try to get them closer to $30k. How long has the car been on the lot?

My personal opinion is that CPO is the way to go with the N54. That way, you probably won't have many big unexpected costs within the first few years and you can feel safer about some of the N54's biggest issues. I plan on keeping my e90 a long time and can accept higher costs on an older car, but not so much on a younger car. However, I don't plan on doing any major engine modifications since this car can get me in enough trouble as it is.

Based on my experience, you might be able to get them a little lower, but it depends on what they may have had to do with the car to put it within CPO spec.

What I picked up at the end of April for ~ $29.5 k
2009 335ix (<--- key difference xDrive)
38k mi
CPO, premium, sport, logic7, cold, comfort access, sunshade (yipee, but nice with a black interior).
Titan silver + black interior.
New tires (Conti run flats of course, but I live in MI with crappy roads)
Plenty of brake life left (20-25k)

Be sure to ask about tire and brake life left. If things are on the edge of CPO spec, use that as a negotiating point or make them fix it while not raising the price.

One thing that worked in my favor: It was the end of the month. Sales guy wanted to make his numbers, I asked for a reasonable number under my target price of $30k and got it without too much trouble.

Good luck!

Last edited by ThreePedAlways; 06-18-2012 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: forgot something...
Appreciate 0