makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
Sam,

In an IB application you can fully expect the bandwidth to excel from 15-45Hz. Above this things do and will roll off quick. Its very important to have strong midbass in IB installs. You won't have stong upper end response like you typically would in a sealed enclosed setup, therefore midbass is paramount to ensure good transition in your setup.

As for your judgement scores, you are comparing 2 very different drivers for 2 VERY different intended applications. Take the efficiency readings with a pinch of salt and read up about Hoffmans Iron law. The ratings on power handling are also somewhat off, Fi rate the IB3 based on mechnical power handling not thermal. Thermally that thing will take twice the rated power but in IB drivers the mechnical limitations are primary way of giving ratings.

Am
After reading lots of material and looking at the specs of both subs, JL 12W7 seems very promising for IB. I am not saying better than IB3 but should give the results similar to IB3.

Also considering that my boot is half full most of the time, I am hoping that it will give me excellent results.

What do you say?

Tried to install it today on the rear deck. Loads of work is involved, but eventually I will get there.