View Single Post
      05-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Not too bad, but again Terry, you would not have necessarily run a 12.77 if it was a 1/4 mile.

Again, even with you being on 93 Octane, your 1/8th mile trap speeds weren't as fast as my 1/8th mile trap speeds with the PROcede on the old (less powerful) v1.2 and running only 91 Octane (that was 86.6 mph).

It's clear Irwindale has quite a bit MORE traction than Famoso does with th ose excellent 60' and 1/8th mile ET's you got, but your Xede equipped car on 93 Octane isn't pulling as hard as the older v1.2 PROcede on 91 Octane did as the trap speeds bear that out.

That factor you use really isn't scientific enough to know what your outcome would be. There's just too many variables.
You just need to take it to a 1/4 mile track and see what you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Hi Gang,

Irwindale was a bit of a joke tonight, long waits and no traction, but I managed a new best 1/8th mile of 8.24@85mph, 1.84 60' time. On par for a 12.77 run if only the track was longer.

My car is a non-sport sedan with Xede, res delete, aftermarket rims/tires, and 93 octane.

The car felt pretty good, the Xede is making a lot of power. Now we just need to figure out a way to get a set of slicks on the car, perhaps some 328 rear brakes and 16" rims are in my future?

PS. A friend took a burnout pic. Nice way to break in new tires, no?

Appreciate 0