Thumperx
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
Any input on this MOD:

ZSP + M3 Front Control Arm/Tension Strut Retrofit Set (tischer) only.

Is it worth it? Handling improved or just placebo?
It's definitely NOT a placebo. Bottomline, it depends on what you are after in suspension set-up. If you're looking for a true GT ride and set-up; meaning, the suspension design is comfortable daily ride and then handles very good at the track. Applying the M3 front bits is a first positive step. Or are you looking for a track setup, then you have much more to go.

Changing the front to M3 bits (more negative camber and firmer bushings), you may find great turn in (greater amount of driver's feedback). But soon you may find unwanted recklessness at the rear due to the softer bushing links and sub-frame bushings.

This may be the reason why the current M3 is so great because it a well balance and provides a higher level feedback. Once you tamper with one area, you may find yourself spending a lot of time (at least for myself) sorting out the other area/s. Ex: do I need to install the sway bars?

Softer springs provide a comfortable daily ride. But not so good when driving at the track due when certain amount of inertia forces act on front and rear weight transfer. Firmer springs is then desired. Not so great on the street (coil over). I kept my sport springs and beefed up all the other areas. I'm extremely happy with the out come, and my wife is even happier.

There is far more info to do, like others have mentioned, continue searching.
Name: Blanca | 07 E92 | AW-Blk | ZSP | Alcon BBK | M3 Bits | VM RR Links | Koni | UUC Sways | V5 | Dinan CAI | ETS IC | Fge DV | ER CP | Cyba | Raden. Exh | Mod Step | Trunk Drawer | Perf LED Wheel | Illum Dr Sills | IS Shifter | Parrot | Philps D1S | 6000k fog | MTECH RR | CSL Trunk | Aero | Roof Spoiler | PSS on BBS RS-GT 19s
Appreciate 0