05-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #54
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
you are factually incorrent. the m3 is going to be a tri-turbo motor. also, whats an "f80 m3?". its also not going to be an n54 engine. the n54 was dropped for the n55 because of cost, not performance. the n55 as a stock platform or ppk performs just as well as the n54, but is more fuel efficient, easier to comply with emission standards, and is cheaper to produce. it also is more responsive.

so if the motor is just as powerful stock, how is it not going to take away sales from the m3 just as the n54 did?
tri turbo is what I've heard as well. It's also rumored to be rated at 450 hp, but since it's a turbo we should be able to tune the bejesus out of it! It won't be an "N" designated motor...it'll likely be an "S" designation...the 1M was the aberration. F80 M3 is in fact the chassis designation for the new M3 as I've seen it written (I had to look twice at this too!)