View Single Post
      09-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #97
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Well a few small updates.

I spent the weekend with my rotary trying to polish out the swirls and small paint defects.

I have only ever had JDM cars, and it seems as though the paint is somewhat harder on the BMW and the Lake Country orange CCS pad with fine cut cleaner wouldnt remove the defects that I could remove in the past on my JDM cars.

The sealant used by BMW still maintained a glossy finish, but under afternoon light you could see the paint was riddled with fine swirls. Also running your palm across the paint you could feel the built up contaminants in the paint:

Having said that the car looks great, but with my car being space grey it didn't really look that bad to the untrained eye initially, and even now it doesn't 'pop' like a black car would unfortunately!

I had sealed the car using zymol titanium but I have some nanolex sealant to use which I will do in a months or so time.

It took me about 20-30hrs in total, and I'm still not happy with it, I either need to man up and either try a courser cutting compound in conjunction with a coarser cutting pad and paint depth gauge, or even possibly seek professional help and wet sand a few defects.

On another note my Lux V3 arrived and I couldn't wait to install them. Christ what a damn right pain in the arse they are to install!!! I have quite large hands and trying to squeeze your hand into the headlight housing orifice and then to twist the globe into position was near impossible... I think it took me close to 2 hrs

Anyway finally they are in the results are obvious!

Next on the hit list is to install the Goodyear F1 A2's and get a wheel alignment
Appreciate 0