View Single Post
      03-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #556
Snow King
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt335i View Post
Got my recall letter in the mail and I'm bringing mine in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping and praying they get this HPFP replacement and software update right the first time.
It's been running fine ever since I bought it brand new and I don't want to have to deal with this issue.

We'll see.
I'm sort of in the same boat. I bought my 2007 335i used in September 2010 @ 35k miles and as far as I know there haven't been any HPFP issues on this car, still running on the original pump. I also didn't get the recall notice in the mail since my name is not registered with BMW since I haven't taken it in for service yet.

Would you guys recommend taking it in for the voluntary recall and getting the pump/software updated as a precaution (while still under original warranty - 2 months left), or should I take the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach and just let it ride until there is an actual issue with it (covered under HPFP 10yr/120k warranty)? FYI I did purchase the Platinum BMW extended warranty so I should be covered if anything else should fail (injectors, etc.).

Appreciate 0