View Single Post
      06-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
dearwinter
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasToast View Post
same thing happened with my VRSF install. Emailed Tiago, and he suggested a few things. Note, I also had a strong vibration. He suggests there be a 1/4" distance between the DP's and subframe. I had to adjust the midpipes slightly, and then turn the DP's to create enough of a gap. Further, the wastegate actuator can generate a "rattle" if you don't make sure the vband clamp is spun around to ensure proper clearance.
i think i'm experiencing a bit of the rattle! but only when i fire it up, more audible on cold starts. with each day its gotten better but i don't know if the problem will return and persist as i've only had the dps on less than a week. there is a moment where i hear the rattle on acceleration but it is very feint and slight lasting only a half second and disappears almost instantly. you'd have to listen for it to really hear it, still even that bugs me as i know how to recreate the sound.

also, my service engine light came on several miles after the dp install which i understand is typical. i plan to take it to another shop to have the codes read and fixed.

in general the car really hauls but i'm wondering if the initial rattle on start up could potentially mean that i may have some sort of boost leak through the wastegate. btw, do you think the vband clamp may be a solution to rid the sound? any thoughts are appreciated.
Appreciate 0