View Single Post
      05-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #18
Sparkling G
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Am I the only one who is seeing the small stress fractures in his drill holes? My eyes aren't that bad, are they?

My recommendation would be to replace your rotors and get non-drilled/non-slotted or at the most, get slotted. Drilled rotors generally do not last under heavy use. I can crack a brand new set in less than a day.

It almost seems like your slots are causing your pad to vibrate on the rotor surface, resulting in the pad skipping across the rotor surface. Once you get uneven deposit, the problem just gets worse and worse.

What you can do to "clean" rotors is slap on a set of full race pads and do a few medium brake applications with cold rotors/pads. A cold race pad will scrape off all your deposits quite well. After a track day, I'll run my race pads on the street all the way home so the race pad deposits can get scraped off prior to going back to my street pads.

The Hawk Blues are really really abrasive when cold, fyi.
I don't understand why it only vibrate after few medium brakes. I don't feel vibration when I do daily drive. Does Hawk make pads for Rotora BBK? I only track (lapping) the car 4-5 times per year, what color should I get for street/track?
Appreciate 0