View Single Post
      12-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #216
Tippo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mk2 TT V6 quattro

Used Benham in Wolverhampton yesterday to get an alloy refurbed and a gear gaiter replaced (provided the part myself).

Bought the car from them back in Sep and was impressed with the service then so went back to get the above done, before I use them for servicing proper next year.

Well not impressed.

Firstly cause I happen to be on HOLS this week, I went dressed in black jeans, white trainers and leather jacket. This meant that any suits waiting in the service area who came in AFTER me got looked at first, so after waiting 10 mins. I just stood up and said; "I AM NEXT". FFS.

Left car there and picked it up at 4pm-ish. Had a look round the car before I went inside while it was still relatively light and saw no marks or scratches and the work itself had been done well. So good so far.

When I get the docs to sign though they tell me the wheel guy who they bring in has forgot to put my locking wheel nut key back in the car, so they will send it on in the post to me today. DOH!

They offered to wash and vac the car too, now being this time of year even a dealer wash with a spray is a relatively good idea so I said yes please. Well they did wash the car as my rear arches were caked after getting stuck on an icy dirt track last week, but the drivers carpet was absolutely filthy, so no vacuuming the interior was done as promised then.

Also when someone drives your car from probably one side of the dealership to the other, then why oh why do they have to re-arrange EVERYTHING; seats, mirrors, aircon, steering wheel, radio out of tune on the wrong waveband. How fecking rude imho. Took me 5 mins. to get everything back in place before I could leave. Numpties!!! Normally I could live with this but the total distain I got from their service people was beyond acceptable and thus feel the need for this rant.

Sytner in Oldbury might now be getting my next service and brake fluid change, assuming their prices are equal or better.........

Last edited by Tippo; 01-01-2010 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0