01-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #236
Norsk
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
It's not hard to understand for me .. but you seem to be struggling (sorry more sarcasm)
Quote:
DTC is a lesser version of DSC ... it isn't something separate than runs alongside DSC during normal use.
OK, as mentioned in my post

Quote:
As it says on idrive it is ACTIVATED when you press the DTC button and in ACTIVATING it you RESTRICT DSC.

The OED definition of ACTIVATED is 'to make active, or bring into action'.
You are correct, but iDrive is a but murky in the way it presents it to you. Here we go again, when DSC is ON, DTC is also active. When you press the "DTC" button on your dash once, the warning lamp in cluster warns (Orange) you that only DTC is left & iDrive says DTC activated ... I guess for the common bloke

[QUOTE=needforspeed;653959]You can't activate something that is already on ... are you saying that you have special information which leads you to conclude that the message on idrive is wrong?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do; "I have special information" that lead is correct ... BMW itself. http://www.bmwusa.com/uniquelybmw/Innovations/Index

Name:  DSC and DTC.JPG
Views: 9531
Size:  70.2 KB
Quote:
Actually - It's a fine point I know and everything else you say is right .... so peace.
Thanks
Appreciate 0