04-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #26
berserkerx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
I think a co. called winter tuning or something in europe already has a stroker kit to 3.2 by simply changing rods/pistons and crank. perhaps cams too. It was like 12k and expensive but they have the software to go along with it as well as they include an exhaust that is designed for the system.

It takes a n52 engine to 310hp crank which is pretty much e46 m3 territory. If you could find someone locally who you know who would do the work for you and gather parts that would be cheaper but tuning this will be nearly impsosible unless you have some serious experienced tuners.
That's actually interesting. At least someone has done this before. I found a tuner that seems rather reputable. they are not on the forums but all they do is BMW. They actually have a tuner for our car that works like the cobb access port. They can custom tune the car to whatever you have. I spoke with the tech on the phone and he said with a big change like the internals they would just need the car for a few days to get it right.

Does anyone have the specs on our rods? Cosworth was asking if I had that. They need center to center, big end bore, wrist pin bore and the width of the big end.

Last edited by berserkerx; 04-01-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0