Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnnnzzz View Post
ya dont agree? How the car was recently treated doesn't matter to you?
I'm sorry, but what you said earlier was not "how the car was treated"... it was just a list of statistics about a car that guarantee nothing.

Mileage: It depends on the types of miles that were put on the car; Was the car used for a 2 mile commute with 45,000 miles on the odometer, or was the car driven 40 miles each way with 60,000 miles on the odometer?
Number of owners: Unless it's some outrageous number, and this depends on how old the car is, most people like to get a new car every few years and this shouldn't be a concern. Let's say a one-owner '02 325i was for sale.. if the owner kept the car for a decade, why is he/she suddenly selling it now?) You can not strongly correlate the number of owners to a car's condition.
Maintenance History: How do you plan on getting this if you're purchasing from a dealer? Has it crossed your mind that people do their own maintenance, or take it to an independent shop? You shouldn't pass up on a good car because it lacks full documentation about it's maintenance.
What maintenance needs to be immediately done: All you need to do is factor in the cost of the upcoming maintenance in the price of the car. If the car needs new brake pads in the front and an oil change, factor in another $300 to the cost of the car. Buying a car with an over-due maintenance item is a red flag obviously.

Most important in my opinion would be getting a complete inspection done by a competent mechanic that you trust. None of those items previously mentioned will mean anything if the car has been neglected. The most important thing about a car isn't the carfax
Appreciate 0