03-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Blootooth dropping out

Hi all,

I have an issue with my Bluetooth and want to get your view on this. I have a Nokia 6230i which is on the BMW approved list of suitable phones. When I spoke to BMW service about the bluetooth dropping connection, they said it was because my phone needed firmware upgrade to V3.81. I go to Nokia for the upgrade and for most of the past week it has been OK with minimal dropout. Have any of you experianced the same thing. Generally you hear a small break in radio transmission and when you look for the bluetooth symbol on the radio, it has disapeared but will re-establish connection within 5 seconds. When you are on the call, bluetooth sometimes drops out but the call is maintained but either party cant hear oneanother untill bluetooth re-connects.

Battery on the phone is charged up but I notice it is more prone to happening if it's running flat. I'm thinking that the battery in my phone might be the issue so I might buy a new battery to check if this solves the issue before getting BMW to look at the system.
Appreciate 0