View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

if you are already at a coin op you can just do a regular wash.

EXTERIOR
* coin-op spray wash first if very dirty (no brushing or sponging here)
* pre-soak with Optimum Instant Detailer (right product to use?) -- I would use a soap to pre soak the car if you are at the coin op
* wash panel by panel with ONR, using two bucket method - ONR would be great to use in a 2 bucket method - use a ton of towels (new and clean)
* blot dry panel by panel with waffle weave microfiber towel - correct
* apply Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical (should this be applied during the drying step to assist drying, or just come after the car is totally dry? should i treat glass and headlights too?) - you can use a quick detail to use to dry the car or you can do this when the car is dry.

* clean wheels with ONR and separate sponge / soft brush (I think I need to do this last so I don't have to change out my wash and rinse buckets half way through the whole process... I guess I'll just be careful not to splash dirty water on the paint?) - if the wheels are clean onr would be great then hit it with a detail spray - if they are dirty and you are at the coin op some Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner and some good wheel brushes would do a great job.

INTERIOR
* dust with damp cloth / spray compressed air where needed - compressors are great , I would use 1Z einszett Cockpit Premium for the interior plastics or vinyl

* go over plastic, wood trim, and screens with Meg's Quik Interior Detailer
* use Meg's Rich Leather spray on seats (or is Leatherique Pristine Clean better?) -Leatherique is great or you can use something quick like Sonax Leather Foam.

* clean glass with Stoner's Invisible Glass - great choice.
* vacuum floor mats (is there something in between vacuuming and a full wet clean?) - for new mats you should be good with just a vac.
Appreciate 0