11-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #753
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
It's probably still going to over heat since I have the OEM thermostat. The thermostat is the key. I have seen what increasing the core surface area does, as I retrofitted the AR oil cooler first, and then added the OEM. all the ER one will do is by some more time. As long as you are driving as hard as I am, you will over heat this thing, its just a matter of time. I'm ok, now, but by the end of a 30 minute session, I am already at 280F, especially if I'm paddle shifting, then it happens much sooner.

I would love to get a GTR, so my skill can continue to improve, but used car prices are rediculous right now. 70K for an '09? With that weak tranny? Corvettes are similarly over priced too.
I know you've invested a lot in OCs already but STETT's thermostat, while annoying as hell on the street, seems to work well at the track. For someone that was hitting 300F in 2010, I didn't see anything higher than 250-260 in 2011. I don't worry about oil anymore, just a myriad of other 335-related things.

I'm looking for a used track ride for next season as well, although my biggest challenge right now is arranging for storing/transporting a track-only car, we'll see.
Appreciate 0