View Single Post
      10-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
luisalbertoga
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 330d

Wow Scott!!!

Thank you very much for all this information!!

I agree with you... the accounting/HHRR Dept should know this... the thing is that the first part of the negotiations is in Spain, and then, when they have the visas and all that, I will go to the US Corporation... so they know more or less how things will be... but not exactly... I have tried to push them to give me some more exact information, but so far, I haven't been able to go any further.

I hope to enjoy the last bit of the ski seasson... but if I cannot, I will enjoy the summer trips hehehehe

So you went on a trip to Germany to pick up your car??? That must have been a great experience!!! I am only like 4 hours away from Germany (by plane)... but I have never been there (only in the airport, going somewhere else). Is that cheaper than buying the car in the US directly? I didn't know that. I knew about the program, but I though the attractive part of it was to make the trip and take a look at the factory or something like that... I didn't know it was cheaper too!

In Europe BMW is more expensive than in the US (even without taking into account the currency exchange rate). That is true... and also the gas... that is why there are so many diesel engines around here... today I checked my bmw... 37mpg (330d) and my wife was taking a look at the ford mustang website... 17/26mpg!! (awesome!!!). (we would need two cars).

Scott... how is the traffic in the city? I have been living in Chicago for one year... and the traffic was terrible... I guess Denver won't be so bad... I can see that it is not free to park in the streets downtown, Are the parkings expensive?

We don't know yet where to live... or which are the "nice" neighborhoods. I know the office will be very close to Colfax Ave and the Interstate 70... that is West Denver... My wife is very interested in living close to downtown. She is very interested in being able to go to English classes, and having the grocery stores close by, not having to use the car for everything...

I prefer to have a nicer house, in a residential neighborhood and don't mind using the car, since I am going to be using it anyway... but if you could recommend me some nice neighborhoods to start looking I would appreciate it very much!! (Since I have no clue!!!) Is it better in the north, west, east, south???

Are only the stores downtown, and for everything else you have to go to the malls (kmart, wall-mart, jewel-osco...) in the suburbs?

What about public transport? Is it good enough to think about using it? In Chicago it was good enough, but I lived downtown Chicago (the office was downtown Chicago) and used it like 10 times in a year!!

Any clues you can give me on this will be great!!!

Best regards!!!!
Appreciate 0