Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kRaZeD View Post
Upgraded sway bars will have a big impact on the body roll of a car. Upgraded sway bars will reduce body roll, and generally make a car handle a hell of a lot better... Until the tyres break loose, and then it is like hitting a light switch. My last car had coilovers & sway bars, and with just the coilovers I could easy feel when the car felt like it was about to let go of traction. When I put the sway bars in it made the car so much faster round corners, but at the same time, if I pushed too fast or too hard there wasn't much of a warning for when it would break traction. Especially in the wet. A small change (and I mean small, like 0.5") of steering input was enough to make the car under steer in the wet when pushing it. In the dry the car was very well balanced for what it was.

As to if it will induce over or under steer, that completely depends on how much thicker/heavier the new sway bars are.

If the front upgrade is disproportionately bigger than the rear, or only the front is upgraded, then an otherwise well balanced car will tend to under steer. Do the opposite (rear sway bar increase) and the car will tend to over steer.

That being said, how firm the suspension is and tyre selection play a large role as well.
Exactly mate, my questions were to him and what he referred to an 'upgrade' or 'improvement' as it means different things to different people.
Appreciate 0