View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #12
jetblackcoupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue View Post
I want to be able to get into my car, and get Audio to AUX & Charge the iPhone with ONE cable attached to the phone.

I am able to do this right now with my iPhone 4S with a Y-Cable.

But I'm not using the regular Y-Cable supplied OEM by BMW. Instead an aftermarket cable that just takes analog-audio (line level) & charges the the phone via USB. It acts and looks the same way as the OEM BMW 6FL cable, with the exception that I am able to change songs via the phone itself, and I DONT have steering wheel / headunit iPod controls.

I like the current setup because I can control the music/playback coming from the phone via the iPhone itself. Also, YouTube & Pandora and other streaming apps dumps music through the Line-Level output from the Dock Connector. While with the OEM 6FL cable, I would be stuck with the headunit controls with songs on the iPod only.

Not to mention with the OEM 6FL cable, I am FORCED to control music playback via the Radio Headunit. On the iPhone it displays an "Accessory Connected" message. I don't have iDrive so the two-lines I have on my Radio isn't exactly the most user friendly way of selecting songs.
I know I'm bumping an old thread but did you ever find a Y-cable for the iPhone 5???
Appreciate 0