Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
This really caught my eye. It kinda sucks because when he first opened it, he thought the paint chip was not a big deal and didnt want to bother YOU with it. In other words, he was nice enough to say, "fuck it its no biggie, ill let it go". I probably would have done the same thing so i really cant understand why you are blaming him for not telling you in the first place when all he was trying to do is save you the hassle (although in sure he regrets it now).

Does it really matter if he chipped the paint even more trying to make the splitters fit? If they didnt fit in the first place, that problem is with your quality then and paint should not even be a issue. I know the costs of making these products in Taiwan and IMO, its easier to just replace it for him then get all this bad reputation.
I actually agree with you because that's what I thought....

I purchased the CF splitter from adamaster, and I really have to say the fitment is close to 95%, not perfect. When I tried to slip on the splitters onto my freshly painted bumper, I had to actually push and squeeze a little bit to have it sit all the way into the bumper. When I pulled it out, the splitter actually scratched my paint on the left side.... I was a little upset at that point because I really thought the fitment should be better. However, like the OP I did not want to bother the seller since the scratch won't be visible once the splitters are on and the weave looks pretty decent. I am lucky enough that my splitter did not crack or what so ever.

Overall my experience with adamaster is good. I think you pay for what you get and since the CF splitter I purchased is not OEM, I don't want to complain about it to the seller. However, in this case I really have to say the seller should try to compensate the buyer. OP tried to fit it instead of bad mouth your product for poor fitment. Since 100% fitment is what you are selling, obviously you have to step up and backup for your product. If the fitment is as good as you promised, then all the bending and the filing won't be necessary at all. Sure you lose profit if you send him another one, but in the end you will earn applause and trust from us by doing so. I wonder which aspect is more important to you and your company....

Anywayz, I hope to see this issue to be resolved on way or the other. I think I will still purchase from adamaster down the road if he sells something I want, but I really wish to see improved customer services.