View Single Post
      10-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #16
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Sir, apologies if I am in error, but I'd like to point out a couple of things:

1) It's unusual for anyone to talk about $8000+ systems and not mention the product used or the system design.

2) Your comment about "cutting or splicing" being "out of the question" - in a $8000 system? Really? I have never installed on the subcontinent, but I have been in the 12V audio business for over 20 years, and I can count on my fingers the number of full audio systems without cut wires that I've seen. (Unless you are referring to the impossibility of splicing into fiber-optic cable with current products).

3) Your characterization of the non-DSP "Light" unit being good only for use with OE speakers is just plain wrong. I have NO IDEA whether MOTUS Labs can build a good-sounding DSP system or not. However, I know that the audison BitOne, the Zapco DC processing, and others DO sound good. MOTUS has buried sunk costs in the DSP version of the product which few US consumers want to pay - at least, pay to MOTUS. We would rather pay it to another company with more of an audiophile pedigree.

4) If you are indeed the installer of such a system, we would be interested in the design choices and equipment used. How did you address the center channel? What DSP settings did you use? What was the programming sequence for matching the X5 audio system? Which drivers did you use? This is the sort of things we audio folks want to know, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

5) If this post is instead a spoof post publicizing the product 9gosh, I hope not), could the "India" location claim be an attempt to circumvent the recent US FTC ruling that bloggers and forum posters endorsing a product must disclose any association or connection with the manufacturer? That would be unfortunate...
Appreciate 0