View Single Post
      03-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #17
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertt View Post
Not trying to come off offensive in any way...but have you actually done this?
More than you think. I've done about of dozen of these on various cars and suspensions, ranging from simple damper installs, to damper AND springs, to coil overs, to coil overs that came with camber plates. And I've done this with various tools, ranging from the harbor freight special ($20) compressors to fancy hydraulic units that has the adjustable arms that you just pull a lever to compress.

Not trying to come across as a know-it-all, but I have done just about every combination of suspension install you can possibly imagine on a MacPherson strut. That's why I say it's not as simple as most of you may think, and the time to install may vary heavily on the type of tools you have on hand and the type of suspension you're installing. Any shop quoting $120 for an install without finding out what brand of suspension and what condition the car is actually in, are going to be in for a big surprise.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0